Are Humidity Fluctuations Compromising Your Capsule Quality?
Date: March 7, 2017 (60 minutes)
- Martin Ginty, Industry Manager, Pharmaceutical, Munters GmbH
|Desiccant Dehumidification for Energy Efficient Drying of Gelatine and HPMC Capsules
During manufacturing of gelatine and HPMC capsules, efficient and carefully controlled drying is essential for ensuring product quality and consistency. Users of Munters’ desiccant dehumidification have reported faster and more consistent drying times for freshly produced capsules thus allowing higher production volume and lower rates of non-compliant product, which in turn reduces production costs and fault finding efforts. These dehumidification solutions have the additional benefits of being energy efficient, hygienic and easy to maintain.
The webinar will focus on the following areas:
- Controlling drying times and maintaining capsule moisture levels with desiccant dehumidification
- Munters’ flexible range of solutions to meet all scales of production
- Energy efficiency vs. Direct Expansion cooling and drying methods
- Additional benefits of controlling humidity levels in manufacturing and storage spaces
The speaker will demonstrate how pharmaceutical manufacturers can benefit from Munters’ desiccant dehumidification solutions regardless of the local climatic conditions.
Keywords: Desiccant Dehumidification, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Quality Management
Martin Ginty, Industry Manager – Pharmaceutical, Munters GmbH
Martin Ginty joined Munters in August 2014 and is currently responsible for its overall product and solution offering for pharmaceutical applications. Martin’s background is in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with over 20+ years of experience in implementing national and international level automation and HVAC projects.
|THIS PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR|
|Relevant job functions:|
- Chief Operating Officers
- Production Managers
- Production / Product Quality Managers
- Plant Managers
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers and Contract manufacturers of capsules and gelcaps
- Healthcare and Neutraceutical companies that manufacturer capsules for oils, creams and dermal treatments (including bath gels, omega-3/fish oil capsules, herbal powders in capsule form, vitamin supplements in capsule form, dietary supplements in capsule form)
- Pet care companies that produce supplements for animals in capsule form
|OUR XTALKS PARTNER FOR THIS EVENT|
Munters is a global leader and premium partner in energy efficient air treatment solutions. Using innovative technologies, our expert engineers create the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries with the largest being the pharmaceutical, food and data center sectors. Munters has been defining the future of air treatment since 1955. Today, manufacturing and sales are carried out in 30 countries by around 2700 employees. Munters reports annual net sales in the region of SEK 5 billion and is owned by Nordic Capital Fund VII.