Why Attend this Webinar:
- Learn from Guest Speaker Terry Crawford, serialization technical manager at GSK, about his experience and understanding of serialization implementation
- Understand the implementation challenges companies face, including top tips on how to overcome this challenging and diverse environment
- See first-hand best practice serialization architectures and how implementation fits into the bigger picture
- Gain insight from our experience of our 14 steps for best practice deployment
- Hear a real life customer case study on global deployment
- Ask our experts any questions you have on serialization deployment
As the EU and US deadlines for serialization loom closer, companies are beginning to wake up to the benefits of track and trace. However, for the average pharmaceutical company, trying to focus on core business, while also keeping track of new regulations and timelines is an almost impossible task even within major markets.
Introduction to Serialization
The speakers will introduce the topic of pharmaceutical serialization and the drivers toward it (including patient safety, supply chain security, financial benefits, efficiencies and standardization).
They will examine how the requirements differ across the globe and why it's important for pharmaceutical companies to act now. This section will also cover the scope of the serialization market, levels of packaging and how this impacts serialization.
Interview with Industry Expert
Our guest speaker, Terry Crawford, Serialization Technical Manager at GSK, will draw from his experience of creating and implementing a serialization solution and understanding the challenges.
Discussion topics will include:
- What were the biggest challenges faced prior to implementing serialization?
- How important was it to find the right serialization partner and what should one look for when selecting a partner?
- What considerations need to be made regarding deployment and implementation?
- What is the biggest challenge after the project goes live?
- How important is education and communication in driving the cultural change across the business?
- How pivotal is continuous training in the successful operation of serialization across diverse locations?
Best Practice Serialization Architecture
In this section the panel will examine packaging line equipment through to enterprise level (2-4), variability of packaging equipment and the technology behind serialization.
Case Study: 14 Steps Towards Best Practice Deployment
This industry driven presentation will focus on how a pharmaceutical company could design a solution to meet the market requirements and regulations of serialization. It will look at the main areas of design, build, deploy and support with a reference to a real life case study example of global deployment.
The presenters will then take the audience through 14 steps of a best practice serialization solution using their expertise from having implemented serialization across global sites . This will include looking at access and design, build, deployment and support considerations, plus tips and advice for the audience.
Live Q & A on conclusion of the presentation.
Keywords: Serialization, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing