A new method of quantitative instrument standardization and setup using custom manufactured fluorescent control beads has been established. This new method allows comparable quantitative results to be generated by multiple flow cytometers at the same or different sites.
The purpose of this webinar is to provide information to Pharmaceutical Researchers and Flow Core Staff Scientists on how this new method is employed and why it is of value to them in their daily work. Topics covered will include how to perform quantitative instrument setup and how to address problems sometimes encountered when performing quantitative flow cytometry.
Following this seminar, the attendee should be able to establish this method in their own laboratories, which will facilitate transfers of assays developed at their sites to other sites with who have also standardized their instruments with this new method.
Mark Edinger, Global Scientific Director, Quintiles
- Oversees & Standardizes Global Flow Cytometry Laboratory Operations
- Participates in Global Advanced Flow Cytometry Assay Development, – Deployment and Standardization
- Provides consultation in support of customers in Flow Cytometry and related techniques
- Develops & Implements Global Flow Cytometry Strategy
- 34 years experience in Clinical & Research Cytometry
- Came to Quintiles from BD Biosciences (14 years)
- Established Applications Specialist Group
- Established R&D Validation Laboratory
- Product Development
- Global Strategic Applications Scientist
- Established & Managed Clinical & Research Laboratories at the – Cleveland Clinic Foundation (21 years)
- Clinical Trials of BD Flow Cytometry Systems (Equipment, Reagents, Software)
- Clinical & Academic Flow Cytometry Laboratory Operations
- Multicolor Flow Cytometry & Assay Development
- Clinical Immunology/Leukemia & Lymphoma
- Reagent Development (Whole Blood PhosFlow Lyse/Fix Buffer, New – Biomarkers, Fluorochromes)
- Bachelors Biology Case Western Reserve University
- Graduate Studies Biophysics Case Western Reserve Medical School
- ASCP Certification in Immunology
- Training in Molecular Biology
- Research widely published in professional journals
Who Should Attend?
- Senior level executives from emerging biopharmaceutical companies
- Chief medical and scientific officers from emerging biopharmaceutical companies
- Biopharmaceutical investors, including venture capital and private equity
- Therapeutic area clinical development heads
- Clinical development program leaders or managers
- Procurement/outsourcing managers
Quintiles (NYSE: Q), a Fortune 500 company, is the world’s largest provider of bioPharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services. With a network of more than 29,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries, we helped develop or commercialize all of 2013’s top-100 best-selling drugs on the market. Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes. To learn more about Quintiles, please visit www.quintiles.com.
Sign Up To Register for this Webinar
Interested in this webinar? Signup to learn more and register for upcoming webinars or recorded webinars.Sign Up