Home-Based, United States
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Closing: October 20, 2022
Site Activation Partner
The Site Activation Partner will be fully embedded within one sponsor as part of the FSP function within Syneos Health. An FSP relationship is a partnership between Syneos Health and a Sponsor. Every partnership is unique with each one tailored to achieve our customer's visions and goals. Sponsors look to Syneos Health for technical expertise. They expect our colleagues to be an extension of their team and to bring new ideas; demonstrate expertise in technology and processes; escalate recommendations for improvements and take opportunities to innovate.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the top pharmaceutical company in a role responsible for operational activities from start-up to close out, for assigned studies and investigator sites to ensure compliance with study timelines and in accordance with prevailing laws, GCP and company's SOPs.
• #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Performs Clinical Trial Site Activation activities that include initiation and coordination of activities and essential documents management during the study start-up; responsible for compiling Investigator Initiation Package (IIP)
• Responsible for the quality deliverables at the country level; follows project requirements and applicable country rules, with moderate oversight from the SSU Country Manager.
• Works within the forecasted submission/approval timelines and ensures they are complied with and tracks milestone progress in agreed upon SSU tracking system in real time; if forecasted timelines are not reached: investigates and provides clear rationale for delays, provides support on contingency plan to mitigate impact, and escalates the issue as soon as identified.
• Monitors basic financial aspects of the project and the number of hours/tasks available per contract; escalates discrepancies in a timely fashion.
• Reviews and complies with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI) in a timely manner, keeps training records updated accordingly and ensures timesheet compliance.
• Supports continuous improvement of quality in all Site Start-Up (SSU) components at the country level where assigned (submissions, essential document collection, communication to Competent Authorities and ECs, etc.).
• Ensure all relevant documents are submitted to the Trial Master File (TMF) as per Company SOP/Sponsor requirements.
• Local Submissions Specialist - Follows the project direction provided by the designated country start-up advisor (CSA) and SSUL. May serve as a point of contact for the PM/SSUL (or designee) during start-up on allocated projects. Complies and/or reviews essential document packages for site activation and may also be involved in essential document collection from site. Prepares and submits Central EC Applications, Local EC Applications, RA Applications, and other local regulatory authorities or hospital approval submissions as required.
• Prepares ongoing submissions, amendments, and periodic notifications required by central and local EC and RA and other local regulatory authorities as needed within the country; includes safety notifications as required by local rules, with moderate oversight from the SSU Country Manager.
• Country Start-Up Advisor - Acts as Subject Matter Advisor for in-country performance within the Site Start-Up. Supports country-level intelligence on start-up (SU) and clinical trial regulatory (CTR). Ensures that local country regulatory intelligence, as it pertains to the activities of the local SU and CTR team, is maintained on the central repository, e.g., Competent Authority submissions, EC submissions, notifications to data protection authorities, notifications/applications to any other local/federal/national body, and import/export license applications where these are obtained with RA applications. In absence of legal advisor or dedicated subject matter may provide support for data protection at the country and provide guidance at a country level on data protection statements that need to be included on those documents which the Sponsor has contracted to the Company start-up group to adapt to local requirements. This may include the Principal Investigator/Informed Consent and the Confidential Disclosure Agreement/contract template. Provides input in local SOPs and WI. Supports the creation of internal training materials on local legislation requirements. Provides input to the team to assist with EC or CA issue resolution at the country level.
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree or RN in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH Guidelines and/or other applicable regulatory requirements
• Must demonstrate good computer skills and be able to embrace new technologies. Proficiency in navigation within CTMS systems and Data Platforms for projects required
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Basic level of critical thinking skills expected
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in clinical site management
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. Except in those locations where state or local law impacts this vaccination requirement, this position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition, sincerely-held religious belief, or other reasons recognized by applicable law. Submission and approval of an exemption request does not necessarily guarantee that an accommodation can be provided for any specific job.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Closing: October 20, 2022