Rare Disease Clinical Trials Peer Circle
Peer Circle Chair Person: Wendy Erler
VP Global Head Patient Experience STAR & LEAP AstraZeneca, Alexion Rare Disease
Why You Should Join:
If the pandemic taught us anything, it’s that people crave and need relationships. These relationships help to support decision-making and help you meet daily challenges. To be of real value, these relationships need to be ongoing and between industry professionals who share the same areas of interest, face the same obstacles and have similar roles and responsibilities.
Although industry events have evolved over time, all still fall short when it comes to supporting relationship-building. Xtalks Peer Circles have been developed to fix the following shortcomings:
- Attending conferences, tradeshows and virtual events can be a great way to make connections but connections are not relationships
- Conferences and webinars can deliver great educational content, but the agenda has been set by the event organizer and not by the participants
- No events offer a truly vendor-free environment and little consideration is ever given to matching attendees with other peers facing the same challenges
Join this Peer Circle to get access to the latest information and best practices in clinical trials for orphan drugs in the most efficient way possible. This Peer Circle provides access to exclusive meetings led by leaders in clinical trials without vendors or solutions providers. Because you’re matched with other leaders in your field, you save time on networking by connecting immediately with the people you want to learn from.
Questions? Connect with us here.
What You Will Learn:
Rare diseases affect a small percentage of the population but can make up sizable groups in absolute numbers. This presents a unique set of challenges for clinical trials of orphan drugs. Members of this private peer circle will learn how to overcome the challenges that they face in clinical trials for rare diseases. They will develop strategies to deal with both the scientific design of orphan drug clinical trials and the regulatory requirements.
What You Will Get:
Members of this Peer Circle will gain access to other clinical trials leaders working in rare diseases and form a mini think tank to help solve pressing issues that they are facing in clinical trials for orphan drugs. Members can bring forward their own issues for discussion at meetings, giving them access to best practices for clinical trials of orphan drugs. As an exclusive networking group, members will also have opportunities to develop their careers by building relationships and sharing knowledge.
Get access to:
- Six virtual meetings over a period of 12 months that are lead by the peer circle chairperson
- A private and secure communication channel to connect informally at anytime via chat, audio or video with rare disease peer circle members
- The rare disease bulletin featuring developments related to orphan drugs and rare diseases
Who Should Attend?:
C-suites, VPs, Directors, Department Heads working within:
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Operations
- Orphan Drugs
- Rare Diseases
Tentative Meeting Agenda
- Patient-first trial design
- International trial challenges (travel, insurance, translation, regulatory differences)
- Taking the trial to the patient - lessons learned from Covid-19
- Natural History and education of HCPs
- Patient Advocacy and Patient Voice
- Involvement of Caregivers and research coordinators
- Setting endpoints
- Sep 7 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
More Peer Circles
What You Will Learn: Immunotherapy is a fast changing area of growing interest in life sciences. Immunotherapy has the potential to make huge changes in...
Clinical Trial Recruitment and Retention: What You Will Learn: Recruiting clinical trial patients can be a difficult and lengthy process. And once your patients...
What You Will Learn: Oncology clinical trials are inherently complex, making them uniquely challenging. Members of this peer circle will learn how to overcome the...