Developing scientific publications and manuscripts is a complex and time-intensive process. Each publication often involves managing multiple authors and KOLs through numerous review rounds, while gathering actionable and meaningful input and meeting stringent publication deadlines.
Join our speakers to learn good publication practices that will help to streamline your interactions with scientific authors, while enhancing the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of your industry-sponsored research projects.
Featured speakers will review best practices for ensuring that authors meet ICMJE guidelines in manuscript development and submissions, and offer suggestions and solutions to help you meet the high demand for rapid publication. Learn more about:
- Best practices for working with scientific authors who write their own manuscripts from sponsored trials
- What to do when an internal investigator/author has left the company
- How to limit the number of authors listed on a publication, with examples of how this can work in everyday practice
- Strategies to manage author expenses and other payments, including travel and reimbursements, and when it is appropriate to pay an author
- Easy to use technology solutions that provide compliant and efficient means to support your strategic and tactical publication management processes
Surendra Sharma, MD, Medical Communications Leader, Spark Therapeutics
Surendra Sharma has over 10 years of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry experience and has held multiple cross-functional leadership roles in medical affairs and content/publication review. He has expertise developing scientific platforms for successful launch, including global and local KOL platforms, MSL training platforms, and development of medical information and medical publications. In August 2017, he joined Spark Therapeutics as Communications Leader for ophthalmology and haemophilia. Previously, he led Alcon’s global medical submission teams for the launch of CyPass® Micro-Stent, a micro invasive glaucoma surgical device.
Janet Galliera, Executive Director Business Development, PubsHub, an ICON plc company
Janet has 18 years of experience in medical communications. She currently manages the PubsHub technology suite of web-based solutions, including tools to easily manage and collaborate on scientific publication development, planning and management. Previously, she was the Director of Client Services and Project Management at Complete Healthcare Communications Group (acquired by ICON). Janet is an active member of the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals (ISMPP) and was chair of the IMSPP workshops from 2008 to 2012.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended for publication professionals working in:
- Medical or clinical publications
- Medical or scientific communications
- Medical writing
- Medical and clinical affairs
Company profile: PubsHub software solutions are provided through ICON Commercialisation & Outcomes, which optimises the value of drugs and medical devices through innovative strategies and tactics to meet evolving evidentiary, regulatory, and reimbursement requirements. Our expert team establishes and communicates a product’s unique clinical and economic outcomes to achieve success in today’s dynamic and patient-centric healthcare environment.