With the advent of direct acting antiviral (DAA) agents for HCV, LabCorp and its specialty testing laboratories have made a concerted effort to offer broad testing services and capabilities to assist clients at every stage of drug development –ranging from lead compound optimization and resistance profiling to Phase IV marketing studies.
In addition to offering specialized, proprietary testing such as HCV DAA resistance testing, LabCorp offers global central laboratory testing services to support HCV trials around the world.
In this webinar, a thorough overview of these HCV capabilities will be presented, including:
- Technical overview of HCV assay services, including resistance testing (mutation detection and replicon-based DAA susceptibility assays), viral load assays, genotype/subtype characterization and IL28B allele testing
- Appropriate timing and circumstances for each specific test
- How these assays can be used to support regulatory filings
- How LabCorp’s global reach can help clients conduct more cost-effective clinical trials
The presentation will also highlight ongoing and future HCV assay development activities, such as the implementation of next generation sequencing platforms and LabCorp’s expanded presence in China, Southeast Asia and Europe.
Christos Petropoulos, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Monogram Biosciences, a LabCorp Company
Christos J. Petropoulos, PhD is VP of R&D and Chief Scientific Officer of Monogram Biosciences, a LabCorp specialty laboratory. He joined Monogram in 1996 from Genentech where he headed the Molecular Virology Laboratory. Dr. Petropoulos received his PhD in molecular and cell biology from Brown University and trained as a post-doctoral fellow at the NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center. Dr Petropoulos has co-authored over 145 scientific journal publications, is co-inventor on 12 issued US patents, and has been awarded 12 small business innovative research grants from the National Institutes of Health.
Patrice Hugo, PhD, Senior Global Director, LabCorp Clinical Trials
Dr. Patrice Hugo, Senior Global Director at LabCorp Clinical Trials, has 20 years of biomarker experience. He obtained his Ph.D. at McGill University and completed 5 years of post-doctoral fellowship at the Walter Elisa Hall Institute in Australia, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute in Denver, Colorado. He was Principal Investigator at the Montreal Clinical Research Institute and worked in biotechs EVP R&D and Chief Scientific Officer. Dr. Hugo joined the Central lab industry as CSO of Clearstone Central Lab before its acquisition by LabCorp. He is author or co-author of over 80 scientific manuscripts.
Who Should Attend?
Senior Executives, Vice Presidents, Directors of:
- Translational Medicine/Drug Development/Oncology
- Predictive Medicine
- Personalized Medicine
- Diagnostics/Companion Diagnostics
- Biomarker Development
- Molecular Profiling
- Clinical R&D
- Regulatory Affairs
Within large Pharmaceutical companies, all Biotechnology companies, Biomarker Discovery companies, plus Consultants, Regulators/Payors/Public Health, and Platform Providers
LabCorp Clinical Trials, a division of LabCorp, combines standardized international laboratory capabilities with sophisticated diagnostic technologies to provide a broad portfolio of services and clinical assays to support drug and diagnostic clinical studies.
- Full-service central laboratory support for Phase 1 through Phase IV studies
- Dedicated clinical trials laboratories in Belgium, China, Singapore and the United States
- Participation in more than 7300 clinical trials, including more than 1200 with international sites
- Scientific leadership and innovation across major therapeutic areas
- Comprehensive portfolio of clinical assays and laboratory services for accelerated drug development
- Dedicated research and development services to assist in assay development and validation, and new assay implementation
- Standardized test platforms and global reference intervals for real-time combined data
- Global proficiency testing and quality control programs
- Global courier and logistics solutions
For information about the recorded archive for this event contact Xtalks at (416) 977-6555 ext 371, or email [email protected]