This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Information Collection and Use
Our Site may also record clickstream data. Clickstream is a virtual breadcrumb trail that a user leaves behind while browsing. We may record paths you have taken (e.g. sections or stories clicked and the order in which it is done) and use this information to provide customized content. Clickstream data is not retained after your visit to our Site and does not identify you specifically.
When browsing the Site, we will collect your IP address along with information from networks collected before and after you visit the Site. Aggregated user data may be used to analyze audience demographics and user information. Aggregated user data may be shared with third parties.
We may collect personally identifiable information, which may include your name, job title, organization, email address, mailing address and telephone number. This information is primarily required to deliver our services to you. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to:
- Access content on the Site
- Participate in, or contribute to, discussion forums, polls, quizzes and blogs
- Register for newsletters, webinars and other virtual events
- Setup your “My Profile” page that will provide you with one-click access when registering for virtual events and enable you to better customize your user experience
By entering your contact information on the Site and clicking “Join”, you agree to receive emails from us.
Third Party Use of Information
By entering your contact information to register for a webinar and clicking “Register”, you agree to permit us to share your contact information with third parties.
When you register for live or archived webinars, virtual events or other content (e.g. white papers) developed in conjunction with or by our partners, sponsors or other third party affiliates, we may share your contact information with these third parties. We may also share any additional information you supply during the event registration process or during your participation in an event (e.g. as polling data, messaging, score cards, surveys and other feedback) with the partners, sponsors or co-hosts of the event.
By entering your contact information in a poll or quiz, you agree that the associated information you supply may be shared with third parties by us.
By registering for webinars, other events or other content developed by or sponsored by our partners, you agree that your contact information may be shared with our partners as outlined above. Our partners have signed agreements binding them to abide by the applicable laws in their use of the information provided to them by us. Our partners are prohibited from sharing contact information provided by us with any third parties or agents outside their organization. For further clarification on their use of this information, you should also refer to the privacy policies of the partners associated with the content you wish to access.
Our partners may contact you after you have registered for access to the content or events on our Site that they have helped develop or have sponsored. By registering for access to this content, you agree to be contacted by our partners about relevant offers, services, initiatives and/or developments.
By participating in discussion forums on the Site, you understand that the information may be viewed and collected by others.
If you provide a testimonial or commentary about Honeycomb, its services or the services of its partners, you agree that we may use these testimonials or comments in our marketing literature both on and off the Site.
You may do any of the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our Site:
- Opt out of future contacts from us
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change or correct any data we have about you
- Amend or update your information via your “My Profile” page
- Ask us to delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information on our Site, your information is protected both online and offline. We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online and we protect your information offline. Only our employees who need your information to perform a specific task (for example, customer service or marketing) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Who we are
- Our EU Representative
- How to Contact Us
- What personal data we collect
- Data Accuracy
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
- Why We Use Your Personal Data
- Your Rights
- How to exercise your rights
- How long we hold your personal data
- Who do we share your personal data with?
- Do we transfer personal data Overseas?
- Third-party links
- How to withdraw consent
- Do we use automated decision-making or profiling?
- How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
- How to complain
We appreciate the trust you place in us when sharing your personal data. We understand this is a big responsibility and the security of that data is very important to us. In this document, we will explain what information we collect, why and how we collect it, how we use it and how we protect your personal data.
We will also explain what rights you have regarding your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
Please note that our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who we are
We are the data controller for ourselves and Xtalks, which means that we determine what personal data is collected by each organisation, how this personal data is going to be used and how this personal data is protected.
Our EU Representative
We have appointed GRCI Law to act as our EU Representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or have any queries in relation to your rights or privacy matters generally please email email@example.com or post your request or query to Head of Data Privacy Manager Service, GRCI Law Limited, IT Governance Europe, Third Floor, The Boyne Tower, Bull Ring, Lagavooren, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 F682.
How to Contact Us
In addition to contacting our EU Representative, you can contact us at:
Honeycomb Worldwide Inc.
Name or title of data privacy manager: Andrew Juurinen
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: ATTN: Andrew Juurinen, 1235 Bay Street, Suite 802, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 3K4, Canada
or send us a message through our website at https://xtalks.com/contact/
What personal data we collect
We may collect, use, store and/or transfer different kinds of personal data about you. Personal data we collect includes:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, employer, and job title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Resume Data includes application materials and answers to screener questions given to employers through the Xtalks Job Platform and answers to any questionnaires. This information may be associated with a profile.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments and other details of products and services bought from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access our website.
- Profile Data includes username and password, purchases or orders made, interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Images and personal appearance include copies of passports or drivers’ licences.
- Usage Dataincludes information about how individuals use our website and services and online activity based on their interaction with us, our websites and applications for example searches, site visits browsing actions and patterns.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and communication preferences.
- Publicly Available Data includes identity and contact data from publicly available data sources such as Companies House and LinkedIn.
We do not collect any details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health or genetic and biometric data.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings and the features that you use.
Most of the personal data that we collect about you will be information that you provide to us directly:
- when you register for an account with us and use our services
- when you register for a webinar, virtual event, or other content, host a webinar or take part in a webinar
- when you attend training with us
- when you fill in forms or correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- When you subscribe to our service or publications
- when you take part in an event (e.g. as polling data, messaging, score cards, and other feedback)
- where you provide necessary information, e.g., for verification and billing purposes.
- when you take part in discussion boards or other forms of social media
- when you request marketing material to be sent to you
- when you enter a competition, promotion, or survey
We collect information through your behaviour and interactions with us:
- when you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies
- from information from your device and actions taken on xtalks.com e.g., searches you run or webinars and jobs you click on
- when you apply to jobs or for webinars, use screener or assessment questions or log in from third party sites
- information we learn about you through our relationship and the way you interact with us
In some circumstances we may also receive information from:
- regulatory bodies
- other companies supplying services to us
- data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- publicly accessible social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, and Twitter
- providers of technical, payment and delivery services
- publicly availably sources such as Companies House and LinkedIn
Why We Use Your Personal Data
When we collect or otherwise process any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so where:
- necessary to provide our services, fulfil a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract
- it is in our legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the our services in the best way that we can, protect the security of our systems, customers and website users and detect or prevent fraud, wherever we process your personal data for these purposes, we ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms are carefully considered
- it is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us
You have several rights under data protection laws, the rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information and are set out below:
Access –the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee.
Rectification of personal data – this right enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Erasure of personal data – You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, job applicants who submit their personal info through the job application portal may also need to contact the potential Employer to have this data deleted or requested.
Restriction of processing personal data – this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Objection to processing of personal data – you can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are relying on legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can show compelling legal grounds for the processing; or if we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Automated decision making – you have the right to ask for a decision to be made manually, where a decision is made using automated means and this harmfully affects you.
How to exercise your rights
if you wish to exercise your rights or want further information about your rights please contact us.
In most circumstances you do not need to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have 30 days to respond to you.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email from us, you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email or edit your subscription preferences here. It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
How long we hold your personal data
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Job Applicant’s data when making job application is uploaded to Xtalks.com servers, then emailed directly to the potential Employer’s email address to which the job applicant applied. After transmission of the data is complete, the personal data is deleted from our servers.
We keep basic information about our customers and website users (including Contact, Identity, and Transaction Data) for no more than two years after they cease being customers or website users. We keep Financial Data of our customers for no more than six years after they cease being customers.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may from time to time share your personal data with the following organisations who also must keep your information confidential, safe, and secure:
- potential Employers as part of a job application
- service providers providing IT and system administration support and software services
- payment Service providers such as PayPal Inc
- third parties engaged in the course of the services we supply including webinar hosts
- third party service providers to assist us with insight analytics, such as Google Analytics
- third parties, employees, partners, agents, professionals, and subcontractors who supply products, services, and administrative support to us
- law and law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, governmental entities, tax authorities or government and regulatory bodies
- where required as part of any proposed sale, reorganisation, transfer, financial arrangement, asset disposal or other transaction relating to our business and/or business assets
- anyone else with your permission
(Please note this list is non-exhaustive and there may be other examples where we need to share with other parties to provide our services as effectively as we can).
Do we transfer personal data Overseas?
- where the transfer is to a country which has been assessed by the European Commission (or an equivalent UK body) as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- with your consent; or
- where the transfer is compliant with the GDPR and other applicable laws.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for these purposes
please contact us If you no longer wish to be contacted for these purposes.
If you have opted out from our marketing communications, it is possible that your details may be recaptured through public sources in an unconnected marketing campaign. We will try to make sure this does not happen, but if it does, we are sorry, and we would ask that in those circumstances you opt out again. Where processing of data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How to withdraw consent
You can withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to supply certain products or services to you. We will tell you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Do we use automated decision-making or profiling?
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or if you wish to make a complaint to a different National Data Protection Authority please use this link to find the appropriate contact details https:// edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or another National Data Protection Authority so please contact us.