The market approval of a new therapy is no guarantee of market success. In fact, many new therapeutic breakthroughs and advanced medical technologies fall short in their promise to transform medical care and patient outcomes because of challenges in integrating them into real-world healthcare delivery. Implementation science is an emerging field that seeks to overcome those challenges. It focuses on understanding and addressing barriers and facilitators to the uptake of new healthcare innovations into the specific contexts in which they are to be used and selecting and implementing strategies to address those barriers.
Register for this webinar to learn more about how implementation science methods and research approaches can help provide the evidence needed to support the uptake, adoption and sustained use of new medicinal products and medical care innovations in a range of real-world contexts.
Dr. Meredith Smith, PhD, MPA, FISPE, Senior Director of Implementation Science, Evidera Inc.
Dr. Meredith Smith, PhD, MPA, FISPE is the Senior Director of Implementation Science at Evidera, Inc. With over 20 years of prior experience in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, she has applied implementation science methods and measurements to support the uptake of a wide range of pharmaceutical products and related innovations. She has published extensively in the medical and health sciences literature, served on many international biopharma initiatives, and has been an invited speaker at US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) public workshops and internal meetings.
Who Should Attend?
Industry professionals from the following areas:
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Research and Development
- Value and Access
- Digital Health
- Regulatory Affairs
What You Will Learn
- Understand what contextual analysis is, and why it is important to optimize uptake of a new medicinal product or innovation within specific healthcare settings
- Gain awareness of methods to use in identifying factors that can impede or facilitate the implementation of a new healthcare innovation into healthcare delivery
- Learn about approaches for engaging with patients and other stakeholders to select and implement strategies to address implementation challenges
- Become familiar with methods to use in evaluating strategies to support adoption, scale-up and sustained delivery of new medicinal innovations over time within targeted clinical care settings
- Appreciate how to leverage implementation research findings to support pre- and post-marketing plans for product uptake and adoption
Evidera, a PPD business
Evidera, a PPD business, is a leading provider of evidence-based solutions to demonstrate the real-world effectiveness, safety, and value of biopharmaceutical and biotechnology products. We help companies generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of their products.
We provide integrated and tailored scientific expertise and global operational capabilities. Our offerings include interventional studies, real-world evidence, data analytics, patient-centered research, epidemiological studies, modeling and simulation, literature reviews and evidence synthesis, market access consulting and communications, and medical writing. Our staff has contributed to hundreds of payer/regulatory submissions and has published more than 2,400 peer-reviewed articles.