This episode features an interview with Cody Simmons, CEO of DermaSensor, a health technology company that aims to launch the world’s first point-and-click skin cancer detection tool for primary care providers.
The skin cancer evaluation tool, also called DermaSensor*, is a point-and-click device that can provide health care practitioners with a skin evaluation in seconds.
As a bioengineer and entrepreneur, Cody has spent all of his career bringing new health technologies to physicians and patients. Prior to joining DermaSensor, Cody led commercial efforts for a Silicon Valley medical device screening and monitoring startup. He began his career in business development and commercial strategy roles at Genentech.
Hear more about the innovative technology and application of DermaSensor in this episode.
*FDA submission pending review. DermaSensor is currently not for sale in the United States.
Subscribe to the Xtalks Life Science Podcast to never miss a new episode.
- Merry SP, Croghan I, McCormick B, Chatha K, Leffell D. Clinical Performance of Novel Elastic Scattering Spectroscopy (ESS) in Detection of Skin Cancer: A Blinded, Prospective, Multi-Center Clinical Trial [Initial Results]. Poster Presentation, Innovations in Dermatology Conference, Las Vegas, NV, November 3-5, 2022.
- Carli P, Nardini P, Crocetti E, De Giorgi V, Giannotti B. Frequency and characteristics of melanomas missed at a pigmented lesion clinic: a registry-based study. Melanoma Res 2004;14(5):403-407.
- Soyer H, Argenziano G, Zalaudek I, Corona R, Sera F, Talamini R, et al. Three-point checklist of dermoscopy. A new screening method for early detection of melanoma. Dermatology. 2004;208:27-31.
- Stanganelli I, Serafini M, Bucch L. A cancer-registry-assisted evaluation of the accuracy of digital epiluminescence microscopy associated with clinical examination of pigmented skin lesions. Dermatology. 2000;200(1):11-16.
- Dinnes J, Deeks JJ, Grainge MJ, et al. Visual inspection for diagnosing cutaneous melanoma in adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2018;12:CD013194.
- Data on File, DermaSensor Inc.
- Seiverling EV, Agresta T, Cyr P, Caines L, Nguyen VL, Chatha K, Siegel DM. Clinical Utility of an Elastic Scattering Spectroscopy Device in Assisting Primary Care Physician’s Detection of Skin Cancers. Poster Presentation, Maui Derm Hawaii Conference, Wailea, HI, January 24-28, 2023.