Stable cell line development to generate biotherapeutic proteins with Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell lines has historically been a lengthy process thwarted by multiple cell culture pain points. Starting with the harsh conditions associated with cryopreservation and revival, cells can often take several days to recover and enter their exponential phase of growth. Next, following transfection, cells must survive single cell isolation to generate a clonal population. Finally, clones are required to adapt to shaking culture conditions and endure the sheer stress which accompanies this transition.
All in all, these cell line development stages amount to a huge amount of pressure on the CHO cells to adapt, all while maintaining high expression of a foreign protein. As a result, cells frequently suffer with low viable cell densities and viability, ramping up project costs and extending biotherapeutic production timelines.
In this webinar, attendees will explore the value of each of the Insti reagents and discover customer use cases. The presented data will demonstrate how to support CHO cell health throughout the cell line development process, helping to drive efficiencies needed to move towards Investigational New Drug (IND) submission.
Register now to learn how to improve the health of cells throughout the cell line development workflow.
Emma Morris, Associate Product Manager, Advanced Instruments, LLC.
Emma Morris has the position of Associate Product Manager at Advanced Instruments (AI), based in the UK. Emma has a BSc in Biomedical Science from Aston University and has previously worked within the R&D team at AI. Emma has experience cloning and culturing iPSC, CHO and HEK cell lines and has also worked as a Field Applications Scientist, demonstrating and training customers on Solentim portfolio instrumentation. Emma is now focused on driving the reagent business and supporting AI customers with cell culture supplements.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone working in cell line development for biotherapeutic drug products
- Anyone struggling with low clonal outgrowth
- Anyone struggling with static to shaking expansion
- Anyone struggling with poor viability post cryopreservation
What You Will Learn
- Discover how Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells (and other cell types) can be impacted by multiple stressors throughout the cell line development process
- Learn new ways to support cells during single cell seeding, adaptation to shaking culture, cryopreservation and revival
- See data from customer use cases that demonstrate differences with and without cell growth supplements
Advanced Instruments is a global company offering a novel portfolio of analytical tools including, OsmoTECH®, a robust line of micro-osmometers to support bioprocessing and quality control (QC), and Solentim, a portfolio of best in class imaging and single-cell deposition technologies for cell line development workflows and assurance of clonality for regulatory bodies.