The need to rethink traditional models in recent years has led to a revolution in the way clinical trials are conducted, but there is no “one size-fits all” solution. In a world of continual disruption, the accelerated demand for decentralized clinical trials have opened new opportunities for the patient to receive medical treatments from the comfort of their homes, with real-time patient data access leading to stronger retention rates in the trial.
As technology continues to advance at a rapid pace involving groundbreaking therapies, treatments and vaccines — the advantages of a patient-centric focus will drive services to continue to be designed and built around the patient from the start.
Join Marken experts as they discuss real success stories that reveal practical strategies and problem-solving insights for the most effective patient-driven trial designs and distribution models. Walk away with immediate applications to propel decentralized clinical trials and enhance the patient experience today.
Leslie Chaney, MBA, PhD, Vice President, Patient Centric Services, Marken
As Vice President, Patient Centric Services, Leslie Chaney is responsible for executing Marken’s decentralized clinical trial strategy to drive business growth and operational excellence. She has over 30 years of expertise supporting non-clinical through late-stage-clinical pharmaceutical development to help global companies achieve their business objectives and exceed client expectations – whether commercial, operational or strategic. For the past 10 years she has focused on decentralized trials and home healthcare services, conducting business across diverse geographies including Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA and other global regions.
Gaurang Majmudar, Senior Director, Patient Centric Services, Marken
As Senior Director, Global Patient Centric Services at Marken, Gaurang Majmudar is responsible for overseeing the expansion of Patient Centric Services in the EMEA and APAC regions, and the development of new service offerings for clients to further expand and streamline the clinical trial experience for patients and sponsors.
Gaurang offers a wealth of experience from the pharmaceutical, distribution and home healthcare industries. He has held senior marketing and commercial roles within pharmaceutical companies, where he was responsible for product development and launches within specialty medicines and orphan diseases sectors.
Who Should Attend?
Senior professionals who are involved with:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- Central Labs
What You Will Learn
Attendees will learn about:
- Industry Trends and Shifts:
- Unprecedented acceleration of decentralized studies supported by home healthcare and direct-to-patient logistics
- Industry focus on quality, diversity, resiliency, efficiency and scalability
- Global and regional growth and shifts that are impacting the clinical trial environment including improved healthcare accessibility and equity
- Real Success Studies, Lessons Learned & Actionable Solutions:
- How global disruptors have changed the industry and the lessons learnt
- Making the patient the priority and leveraging emerging digital innovations
- Supporting improved patient experience, diversity, retention and adherence
- What’s Next? Innovative Strategies for the Future:
- Proactive procedures for accelerated trials, disruption mitigation and future industry demands
- Data-driven technology for anticipating future needs and prepare for the future including AI, digital tools and big data
- Streamlined solutions for clinical trial distribution model including traditional, decentralized, hybrid, virtual and future models
Marken, UPS Healthcare’s clinical subsidiary, includes BOMI Group and Polar Speed, staffing 199 locations and 10,000+ employees globally. Offering a GMP-compliant depot network in 60 locations, Marken leads in Direct-to-Patient services, biological sample shipments, and kit production. Their 2,400+ staff manage 154,000 monthly shipments in 220+ countries and have arranged 15,000+ home healthcare visits. Services like cell and gene supply chain, ancillary material sourcing, shipment lane verification, and GDP consultancy solidify Marken’s unique industry position.