Bioanalytical testing is a critical component to all successful drug discovery and development programs. IND-enabling studies require that biotherapeutic proteins or biologics undergo rigorous testing to increase the likelihood of being developed into drug products. Using a set of biochemical and biophysical assays, the purity, structural integrity and chemical stability of potential biotherapeutics are established and used to determine the candidates with favorable profiles to advance or redesign. In this webinar, the featured speaker will explore the role of protein analytics in the advancement of biotherapeutic drug discovery and development.
The webinar will cover current technologies used to assess the qualities of the target biotherapeutics, screening assays for potential biologics and approaches implemented for validating hits. Analytical techniques covered include:
- Capillary electrophoresis-sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS)
- Capillary isoelectric focusing (cIEF)
- Size exclusion chromatography-HPLC (SEC-HPLC)/multiangle light scattering (MALS)
- LAL (limulus amebocyte lysate)
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)
- Hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (HILIC)
- Surface plasmon resonance/biolayer interferometry (SPR/BLI)
Register today to learn about the importance of protein analytics and review some of the main technologies for assessing the quality of biological therapeutics.
Frank Herkules, PhD, Scientist – Protein Analytics, Aragen Biosciences
Frank is currently working as a scientist – Protein Analytics. He has done his PhD in Biochemistry from University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio (UTHSCSA). After PhD he obtained post-doctoral research training from Department of Biochemistry—UTHSCSA. He has previously worked with Nusil Technology as a chemist research and development and gained extensive experience in Analytical techniques like gas chromatography and synthesised – tested phosphazene catalysts to implement in manufacturing processes.
He has more than 5 Publication/Patents on his name.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors/Scientists at Biologics companies
- Cell and Molecular Biologists
- Research and Development
- Upstream/Downstream and Formulation
What You Will Learn
- Identify favorable developability profiles of biologics prior to entering upstream/downstream processing, formulation and storage
- Evaluate changes in biologics due to a variety of stressors (i.e. heat, oxidation)
Aragen Life Sciences
Aragen Life Sciences is a leading R&D and manufacturing solutions provider for the life sciences industries worldwide. It offers end-to-end integrated or standalone solutions for small and large molecules. Established in 2001, the Company operates through a network of sites located globally with a team of 3700+ scientists and 450+ PhDs. Its expertise and experience have enabled over 400 customers to advance their research programs from discovery through commercialization. Aragen’s innovative mindset, infrastructure, flexible business models have enabled us to serve large pharma, biotech, agrochemical, animal health and performance chemical industries globally. Visit www.aragen.com for more details