Swoop, a leader in healthcare marketing, recently introduced a groundbreaking portfolio of predictive AI targeting for pharmaceutical and life sciences advertisers. This innovation is set to transform the approach to direct-to-consumer (DTC) and healthcare provider (HCP) audience engagement, allowing for proactive involvement at pivotal points in the diagnosis and treatment journey.
Revolutionizing Patient and Provider Engagement
Swoop’s predictive AI targeting, an extension of its AI adherence targeting launched in September 2023, allows healthcare marketers to identify and engage with patients and providers even before a diagnosis is made. It focuses on those likely to adopt new therapies or progress to different treatment lines and those with optimal formulary coverage. This capability will usher in a new era in healthcare marketing, moving beyond traditional methods that rely on past data to a future-focused approach.
“Swoop’s first-to-market predictive AI targeting allows brands to further refine their healthcare marketing, helping advertisers fill critical information gaps in the patient and provider journey,” said Swoop president, Scott Rines, in a press release.
Leveraging sophisticated algorithms and real-world data (RWD), Swoop’s innovative technology pinpoints crucial moments in the healthcare journey:
- Undiagnosed: Focuses on reaching patients who have not yet been diagnosed and their healthcare networks, using disease awareness messages to speed up time to diagnosis.
- Rapid Adopter: Detects doctors who are more likely to embrace new treatments and identifies patients who are open to changing their therapies, thereby boosting the efficiency of new product introductions.
- Formulary: Engage patients who have optimal formulary profiles, as well as their corresponding healthcare teams, to facilitate more informed treatment choices that are in sync with their coverage.
- Adherence: Actively engages with patients who are at a higher risk of becoming non-adherent to their treatment regimen and collaborates with their healthcare providers to maintain treatment consistency.
- Progression: Recognizes patients who are likely to require different therapeutic approaches and their healthcare providers in advance of establishing new treatment plans.
The Impact on the Healthcare Journey
“The healthcare journey, from initial consultation to diagnosis, treatment and continuing care, is multifaceted, intricate and unique for every patient,” Rines added. “Swoop’s predictive segments address these challenges, providing marketers with a new set of tools to optimize targeting, which leads to better patient outcomes, higher conversion and Rx lift.”
Swoop’s predictive AI segments can be seamlessly integrated into existing DTC and HCP campaigns, ensuring comprehensive audience engagement across all channels. This technology is applicable to any condition, whether common or rare, sensitive or non-sensitive. Furthermore, Swoop upholds the highest privacy standards, being HIPAA-certified and a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). Its technology is based on patented privacy-by-design data infrastructure.
Competition in Healthcare Marketing
The field of healthcare marketing is witnessing a surge in innovation, with several competitors striving to match Swoop’s advancements. Companies like PulsePoint and Elevate are exploring various AI-driven solutions, from personalized patient outreach to dynamic HCP engagement strategies. These initiatives aim to enhance patient care, streamline the healthcare journey and improve treatment adherence.
Competitors are focusing on refining AI algorithms to predict patient behaviors, treatment receptiveness and optimal communication channels. Some are investing in integrating electronic health records (EHRs) with AI to create more personalized patient profiles. Others emphasize on ethical AI use, ensuring data privacy and compliance with healthcare regulations.
As the healthcare marketing landscape evolves, Swoop and its competitors are at the forefront, crafting a future where technology and healthcare merge to offer more personalized, efficient and effective patient care.
Swoop’s introduction of predictive AI targeting in healthcare marketing marks a substantial leap forward. By harnessing the power of AI and RWD, Swoop is not only setting a new standard in healthcare marketing but is also paving the way for more informed, efficient and personalized healthcare journeys. As the competition heats up, the entire healthcare industry stands to benefit from these technological advancements, ultimately leading to better health outcomes for patients worldwide.