Oncology Clinical Trials Peer Circle
Peer Circle Chair Person: Tracy Vanderslice, Vice President, Clinical Operations, Gilead Sciences
Tracy Vanderslice is the Vice President and Head of Clinical Operations for Oncology at Gilead Sciences.
Prior to joining Gilead in 2022, Tracy held multiple roles at GSK including VP and Head of Pharma Global Clinical Operations and Delivery.
Prior to joining GSK in 2004, Tracy worked at Bristol Myers Squibb and was instrumental in the development and launch of 2 key medicines.
She has a Masters Degree in Pharmacology from Thomas Jefferson University and a Bachelors of Science Degree in Biochemistry from Wake Forest University.
Why You Should Join:
If the pandemic taught us anything, it’s that people crave and need relationships. These relationships help to support decision-making and help you meet daily challenges. To be of real value, these relationships need to be ongoing and between industry professionals who share the same areas of interest, face the same obstacles and have similar roles and responsibilities.
Although industry events have evolved over time, all still fall short when it comes to supporting relationship-building. Xtalks Peer Circles have been developed to fix the following shortcomings:
- Attending conferences, tradeshows and virtual events can be a great way to make connections but connections are not relationships
- Conferences and webinars can deliver great educational content, but the agenda has been set by the event organizer and not by the participants
- No events offer a truly vendor-free environment and little consideration is ever given to matching attendees with other peers facing the same challenges
Join this Peer Circle to get access to the latest information and best practices in clinical trials for oncological drugs in the most efficient way possible. This Peer Circle provides access to exclusive meetings led by leaders in clinical trials without vendors or solutions providers. Because you’re matched with other leaders in your field, you save time on networking by connecting immediately with the people you want to learn from.
Questions? Connect with us here.
What You Will Learn:
Oncology clinical trials are inherently complex, making them uniquely challenging. Members of this peer circle will learn how to overcome the challenges that they face in oncology clinical trials. They will develop strategies to deal with expected and unexpected issues and source best practices from other leaders in the field.
What You Will Get:
Members of this Peer Circle will gain access to other clinical trials leaders working in oncology. This group of experts will form a mini think tank to help solve pressing issues that they are facing. Members can bring forward their own issues for discussion at meetings, giving them access to best practices for oncology clinical trials. As an exclusive networking group, members will also have opportunities to develop their careers by building relationships and sharing knowledge.
Get access to:
- Six virtual meetings over a period of 12 months that are lead by the peer circle chairperson
- A private and secure communication channel to connect informally at anytime via chat, audio or video with oncology peer circle members
- The oncology bulletin featuring developments related to oncology
Who Should Attend?:
C-suites, VPs, Directors, Department Heads working within:
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Operations
- Clinical Development
Tentative Meeting Agenda
- Design Considerations for Oncology Clinical Trials
- Key Site Challenges in Oncology Clinical Trials
- Meeting Enrolment Targets
- Patient Safety and Risk Management
- Reducing Clinical Trial Burdens
- Considerations for Decentralized or Hybrid Trials in Oncology
- Patient Engagement
- Regulatory Considerations
- Determining Trial Endpoints
- Nov 30 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
- Jan 25 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
- Mar 29 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
More Peer CirclesLearn More
Pharmacology Peer Circle What You Will Learn Pharmacology is one of the cornerstones of any pharmaceutical companies. By researching and understanding the impact that drugs...
What You Will Learn: Toxicologists are tasked with assessing the effects and dangers of drugs on patients. It’s a critical function in any life sciences...
What You Will Learn: Vaccine development is a complex process filled with unique challenges but, when successful, it can have profound impacts on public health....