Learn about the operation of a sample preparation workflow for advanced genomic sequencing to support the development of personalized cancer vaccines and other next-generation cancer immunotherapies. As an integral part of the sample preparation process, this workflow relies on SPT Labtech’s apricot PP5 multi-channel pipettor and dragonfly® discovery dispensing platform for low-volume reagent dispensing.
In this webinar, the featured speaker from Personalis will discuss the library prep workflow for advanced genomic sequencing. The dispensing platform is used to make reagent plates for the DNA library prep process, with reagents taken from tubes as the source labware. The multi-channel pipettor is then used to take out the reagents from the source plates into the sample plates and perform the assay steps, including sample mixing, bead resuspension, supernatant removal and ethanol (EtOH) washes.
Join this webinar to learn about the advantages of automating an advanced genomic sequencing workflow with a next-generation liquid handling platform.
Mellonie Zhang, Process Automation Engineer, Personalis
Mellonie is a Process Automation Engineer at Personalis. She has a masters in biomedical engineering from University of California, Irvine. She enjoys exploring new automation technologies to streamline new or existing workflows.Message Presenter
Chris Waddling, US FAS Manager, SPT Labtech
Chris Waddling, US Field Applications Manager at SPT Labtech is based in the United States where he works closely with customers to ensure they get the most from their instruments including the development of new workflows. Chris supports structural biology, genomics, drug discovery and assay development applications on our chameleon, mosquito and dragonfly liquid handling instruments.Message Presenter
Who Should Attend?
- Academic Institutes
- Biotech Companies
- Senior Scientists
- Lab Managers
What You Will Learn
Attendees will learn about:
- Time savings and other benefits of automating a library prep workflow over manual processes
- Setting up, programming and optimizing the use of liquid handling instruments with easy-to-use software systems
- The challenges of limiting reagent use as a result of dead volumes and maintaining the reproducibility of samples
- Potential improvements to assay run times using a next-generation liquid handling platform for genomics such as SPT Labtech’s firefly®
- An overview of the library prep workflow: tagment genomic DNA, followed by post-tagmentation cleanup, extension ligation, library cleanup, size selection, ethanol wash and finally elution
SPT Labtech creates innovative solutions for liquid handling, sample preparation and management that accelerate research and make a real difference to human health. Key innovations to date include our liquid handler dragonfly discovery and our mosquito genomics, which enables miniaturized molecular biology.
Following the expansion of SPT Labtech to include Apricot Designs and BioMicroLab we have been aligning our product ranges to create a powerful combination of technologies and application know-how to help you streamline end-to-end workflows and support a wider range of research applications.