Only 20% of patients respond to cancer immunotherapies and determining which patients will respond to which treatment options relies on the identification of predictive biomarkers.
Immuno-oncology biomarkers such as tumor mutational burden (TMB) or PD-L1 expression are promising, but have demonstrated limited predictive utility. Identifying more robust predictors of patient response to cancer immunotherapy may depend on finding the right combination of biomarkers—but few platforms support multi-dimensional biomarker analysis.
Personalis ACE ImmunoID™ is a combined whole exome and transcriptome platform, with analytics that elucidate the tumor and its microenvironment to accelerate biomarker discovery. The platform is based on Personalis’ patented Accuracy and Content Enhanced (ACE) Technology, which features augmentation of sequencing gaps in regions missed by standard exome assays, ensuring more comprehensive variant capture (SNVs, indels, fusions).
In this webinar, our featured speaker will discuss how the ACE ImmunoID platform can help to overcome obstacles of immuno-oncology biomarker discovery. Topics include:
- Generating high quality data when working with limited sample material or degraded or archival specimens
- Decreasing the risk of missing potential targets with comprehensive assays
- Going beyond PD-L1 and TMB to complex immuno-oncology biomarkers and signatures
- A case study demonstrating the platform’s ability to identify tumor escape mechanisms
Erin Newburn, MS, PhD, Associate Director, Field Applications Scientist, Personalis, Inc.
Dr. Newburn joined Personalis as a Field Applications Scientist in 2013 with over 12 years of research experience in the areas of molecular biology, genetics, and biotechnology. As the Associate Director, Field Applications Scientist, Erin’s team has the responsibility of providing both pre- and post-sale technical support for the Personalis ACE Cancer Portfolio.
Erin completed her postdoctoral training at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) investigating candidate susceptibility genes for major psychiatric illnesses. Erin received her Ph.D. from the Ohio State University in Integrated Biomedical Science as a Presidential Fellow.Message Presenter
Who Should Attend?
Professionals from biopharmaceutical organizations with immuno-oncology pipelines including the following job functions and areas of interest:
- Heads of Immuno-Oncology Clinical Development
- Chief Medical and Scientific Officers
- Biomarker Specialists
- Translational Research Scientists
- Procurement and Outsourcing Leads
Areas of Interest:
- Personalized Medicines
- Neoantigen-based therapeutics (vaccines, adoptive cell therapies)
- Checkpoint inhibitors and immune modulators
What You Will Learn
- How to generate high quality data when working with limited sample material or degraded or archival specimens
- How to decrease the risk of missing potential targets with comprehensive assays
- Why you should go beyond PD-L1 and TMB to complex immuno-oncology biomarkers and signatures
- The platform’s ability to identify tumor escape mechanisms
Personalis, Inc. is a provider of advanced genomic sequencing and analytics solutions to support the development of personal cancer vaccines and other next-generation cancer immunotherapies.
Our patented ACE (Accuracy and Content Enhanced) Technology forms the foundation of all Personalis products. ACE Technology improves every individual step in the next-generation sequencing (NGS) process, from nucleic acid extraction, to sequencing assays, to data analytics. This makes it possible for us to achieve augmented coverage of difficult-to-sequence genomic regions that are missed with the use of conventional sequencing techniques. Using this comprehensive approach, we provide genomic data of the highest quality and accuracy to help biopharma drive their immuno-oncology clinical and biomarker discovery programs, enabling the rational design and development of effective cancer immunotherapies.