Numerous studies have analyzed R&D productivity and measured drug approval rates, but an analysis focused on success rates has limitations, providing only one piece to the puzzle. In this webinar, Clarivate Analytics’ experts look at the dynamics of drug development a different way, using gold standard Cortellis content, innovative predictive modeling and powerful Centre for Medicines Research (CMR) data to help companies learn from the industry’s failures as well as its successes to improve R&D productivity.
Our program will include:
- A review of the current landscape of drug pipelines and challenges faced by the industry
- A look at the next generation of competitive intelligence – harnessing machine learning and mathematical modeling to minimize effort in timeline and success prediction
- An overview of the Clarivate Analytics Competitive Intelligence Maturity Curve
- The use of gold standard Cortellis content to assess success and failure rates, incorporating characteristics of the drug, development program, and development sponsor
- An examination of the future of multivariate analysis forecast modeling
Jamie Munro, Global Practice Leader, Portfolio & Licensing, Clarivate Analytics
Jamie Munro leads the Portfolio & Licensing practice at Clarivate Analytics including heading up CMR International, the R&D benchmarking service. Dr. Munro has significant life science experience including over 15 years large pharma experience as well as a PhD in Finance.Message Presenter
Karthik Subramanian, Competitive Intelligence & Clinical Product Director, Life Sciences, Clarivate Analytics
Karthik leads the Cortellis Product Management and Strategy at Clarivate Analytics. Karthik works closely with customers in the pharmaceutical space, formulating strategies and providing products and solutions to help meet their needs. Karthik has extensive experience in the areas of product management, program management and consulting, having worked for more than 12 years in the life sciences industry. Karthik holds an MBA in Strategy from the University of Leeds, in the UK.Message Presenter
Who Should Attend?
Professionals in competitive intelligence, pipeline, product, and portfolio management, R&D strategy and resource management, strategic planning, commercialization, business insights and analytics, and anyone with involvement in decisions related to the portfolio and pipeline.
What You Will Learn
- Competitive intelligence landscape and challenges in the pharmaceutical industry
- How to advance in the Competitive Intelligence Maturity Curve
- Benefits of incorporating success and failure rates to map out a pipeline into the future
- How incorporating such modeling can reduce your error rates in future predictions compared to typical benchmarks available in the industry
- How dynamic multivariate analysis can continue to improve our understanding of portfolio management
Clarivate™ Analytics accelerates the pace of innovation by providing trusted insights and analytics to customers around the world, enabling them to discover, protect and commercialize new ideas faster. Formerly the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters, we own and operate a collection of leading subscription-based businesses focused on scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence, trademark protection, domain brand protection and intellectual property management. Clarivate™ Analytics is now an independent company with over 4,000 employees, operating in more than 100 countries and owns well‐known brands that include Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Thomson Innovation™, Derwent World Patents Index™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor® and Techstreet™, among others. For more information, please visit clarivate.com.