The clinical trial patient recruitment environment for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) studies is brutally competitive. This is having a significant impact upon timelines and associated costs of running IBD studies, often delaying the time to get drugs to market where there is still an unmet patient need.
Successful, timely delivery of studies within this environment requires the proactive utilization of all the data and tools available. Register for this educational webinar that will discuss the following topics, with a focus on ulcerative colitis (UC):
- The impact of a saturated clinical trial environment upon study delivery
- Use of data to specifically target high-performing sites and to identify potential new investigators
- Reducing patient and site burden (incorporating Voice-of-the-Patient feedback)
- Direct outreach to patients (including geo-targeting) and other patient recruitment initiatives
- Bringing the study to the patient through decentralized clinical trial (DCT) solutions
Martin Knight, BSc (Hons), Dip Clin Sci, Senior Director, Strategy & Planning, Covance by Labcorp
Martin has over 30 years of experience in clinical research and currently supports the Inflammation, Infectious Disease and General Medicine (iiGM) group at Covance by Labcorp, providing innovative delivery strategies for autoimmune disease clinical studies. This includes leading feasibility assessments, data analysis, subsequent data modelling, assessing study risks and challenges and ultimately recommending the geographic placement for clinical studies. Martin has held various roles within both pharma companies and CROs, including senior positions within clinical project management and client alliance.Message Presenter
Debra Gerlach, MA, Associate Director, Global Patient Recruitment and Engagement, Covance by Labcorp
Debra has over 17 years of clinical research experience. Her career began on site where she was a study coordinator for 5 years, followed by 13 years dedicated specifically to global patient recruitment and retention in the CRO and pharmaceutical spaces. She has strategic and operational patient recruitment expertise across all clinical trial phases and multiple indications with a special emphasis in gastroenterology, paediatrics, rare disease and oncology. Debra currently works as an Associate Director in Patient Recruitment and Engagement at Covance by Labcorp.Message Presenter
Ryan Kirby, MS, CCRA, Manager, Digital Operations, Covance by Labcorp
Ryan has over 17 years of clinical research experience in healthcare and CRO industries, and currently supports the enterprise-wide Decentralized Clinical Trials (DCT) commercial and innovation strategy with Covance by Labcorp; to include, customer strategy and trial design, organizational resource development and innovative solution deployment. Ryan has held several roles at the site level, healthcare facilities and CROs. His functional experience spans clinical operations and study start-up, project and team management, and strategic client delivery.Message Presenter
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Medical Director
- Medical Director
- Clinical Development Director
- Research and Development Director
- Operational Director
- Senior Operational Director
- Clinical Director
- Senior Clinical Director
- Research Director
- Project Director
- Project Manager
What You Will Learn
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- The importance of adapting to the environment in order to achieve timely delivery of IBD studies
- How data can optimize site identification, including identification of new investigators
- How Voice of the Patient can help you design a patient-centric protocol and recruitment campaign
- How to leverage digital technology for more efficient IBD clinical trials
- How to effectively deploy remote technology solutions to reduce patient and site burden
Covance by Labcorp
Covance by Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company, which provides contract research services to the drug, medical device and diagnostics, crop protection and chemical industries. Employing over 26,000 people worldwide, we provide comprehensive drug development solutions and are on a mission to advance health and power clear, confident decisions.
Covance by Labcorp is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical, and regulatory expertise.
Together with our clients, Covance by Labcorp supports the development of innovative, life-changing treatments. Visit us at www.covance.com.