As the world’s leading provider of life science webinars, Xtalks has a unique perspective on how to attract a professional audience within the industry. Over the years we’ve learned that the best webinar topics are the ones that are both interesting for the presenter(s), as well as educational and marketable to the target audience. However, narrowing down a particular topic can seem daunting to a first time webinar presenter.
To help inspire the creation of a winning life science webinar, we’ve compiled a list of trendy life science topics that have drawn sizable audiences so far this year at Xtalks, and are also frequently searched for and discussed on the web:
1. Cannabis Research & Product Development
With the legalization of recreational use cannabis approved in Canada, and the medicinal market continuing to grow and mature in North America, interest in researching and creating products from cannabinoids has never been higher.
Not sure how to formulate an interesting cannabis-based webinar? Check out some examples of past and upcoming webinars:
- Challenges of Formulating Cannabinoids
- Canada’s Green Rush: Bringing Cannabis Health Products to Market
- Promise of Cannabis-Based Medicine in Healthcare and the Path to Get There
2. FDA Guidance
Continued interest in reducing cost and time to approval for drug and medical devices in the United States means that webinars that tackle topics related to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are likely to be well attended. Also, given the agency’s increased scrutiny of clinical and long-term safety in recent years, many life science professionals are looking for guidance on how to create and maintain a positive relationship with the FDA.
Check out some of our past webinars that mention the FDA here:
- In the Spotlight: Recent FDA Updates and Guidance for Rare Disease Drug Development
- Steps for a Successful FDA Advisory Committee Meeting
- How to Ensure a Successful FDA Meeting
3. EU Regulations
As the Xtalks audience spans countries around the world, there’s also a growing interest in the European Union (EU), particularly as it relates to medical device regulation and drug development. With the EU’s new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) taking effect in May 2020, device manufacturers transitioning to the EU MDR also face a host of questions.
Being able to offer experience or guidance on this topic could prove valuable to potential attendees.
- EU Medical Device Regulation: Your Questions Answered
- An Overview & Comparison of US and EU Pediatric Drug Development Regulations and Processes
4. Clinical Trial Considerations
There are so many factors that can adversely impact the initiation of clinical trials and their efficiency in an industry plagued by rising development costs and increasing complexities. From complex protocols to site competition, being able to offer advice and solutions on how to deal with these challenges is valuable content for professionals.
- Streamlining IRB Submissions to Accelerate Clinical Trials
- Oncology Clinical Trials – The Paradigm Shift of Basket Trials: Key Considerations
Choosing a topic that is actively affecting individuals and companies within the industry can make the difference as to whether your event is well-attended or not. Use these trending topics to choose a compelling webinar topic that your audience can’t resist.